Role descriptionThe Opportunity
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Developers and Technical Artists with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
We’re looking for developers who want to share their expertise with our customers and help them achieve their performance targets. Our customer base spans customers from video games to media and entertainment (M&E) industries. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and are not afraid of constantly learning new things and getting exposure to a wide range of projects on multiple platforms, this job will suit you.
For this role, you’ll be joining the Services team, where you’ll be working on interesting projects that require designing and implementing systems in or surrounding the Unity Editor and the Unity Engine. We have several ongoing projects (and many more in the pipeline!) Some of our past successes include helping Moon Studios achieve 60 FPS on their award-winning title Ori and the Will of the Wisps and bringing Unknown Worlds’s Subnautica to Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X/S, and PS5.
In a nutshell: our team is asked to resolve challenging problems which require a level of expertise in the Unity platform that only Unity can help with.
In the longer term, you'll become an established technical expert within Unity. You can pursue opportunities including personal research, speaking at conferences, delivering training to customers and colleagues, and guiding Unity's direction by providing feedback and advice to our R&D teams.
This role may involve periodic travel to customer and other Unity offices, primarily within Europe and usually during week days.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.What you'll be doing
- Work on long-term game projects (normally 3+ months) on a wide range of platforms that require a level of technical expertise that only Unity can provide.
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Help the Engineering Manager with the scoping of incoming opportunities.
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop games, interactive applications and tools.
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise in order to help our customers
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Deep graphics programming knowledge and experience writing shaders
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer - Solutions Games Services position on WeChat