Using our industry-leading game engine, we are creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will impact multiple industries such as Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence!
This is an opportunity to become one of the driving members that will define a new standard for how AI systems are trained, tested, and validated. We’re looking for team members who are entrepreneurial, adaptable and enjoy challenging the status quo.
Enabling a simple experience in the Unity editor for creating synthetic environments and scenarios is key to empowering AI developers, roboticists and researchers who have limited to no experience with Unity. Your role on this team will focus on Unity based development for our Perception, Robotics and Simulation systems. You will also contribute to our open source projects, develop demos to showcase new features and experiences to our customers and partners!
Learn more about work in key areas:
- Develop applications for synthetic data generation, robotic and spatial simulations
- Be a champion for the user: insist on the highest quality, and create functional and engaging features and API that empower customers to create with ease the greatest experience in simulations
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team
- Collaborate with small teams to architect, develop and deploy high quality applications
- Develop demos to showcase our tools to customers
- Experience developing and releasing features in Unity-based games and applications
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Proven ability to deliver products from concept to submission with Unity and C#
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships across the company
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Computer graphics shader creation experience
- Experience in Unity Scriptable Render Pipeline or wide range of Unity features
- Experience maintaining or contributing to open source projects
- Understanding of classical mechanics/physics and how it is simulated for robotics
- Experience with content development tools such as Maya, Substance Designer, or Houdini
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer, Robotics, AI@Unity position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.