We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Developer with a background in building and designing streaming applications. If you're passionate about deploying a robust system supporting millions of concurrent streams, delivering volumetric 3D experiences, and launching products from the ground-up, then we want to talk with you!
At Unity, we are seeking to remove the limitations of conventional thinking about how streaming experiences are built and unlock their full potential. We strive to make every use of the infrastructure available to stream millions of points while weaving through the complexity of networks, compression and devices.
Your attention to writing fast and maintainable code will contribute to crafting applications that reinvent and redefine how users consume sports and esports content. Do you have a desire to reimagine how entertainment media can work?
What you'll be doing
- Develop a thorough understanding of the volumetric streaming ecosystem and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging trends.
- Build and test real-time live streaming across all current and upcoming platforms.
- Works with other teams and partners to understand project requirements and develop a specific technical workflow for streaming and broadcasting.
- Research and implement state of the art algorithms for domain adaptation.
- Write clean, maintainable production based code and review application and test code.
What we're looking for
- Experience with C++/Python/Go and software development methodology.
- Knowledge of media encoding and transcoding, packaging, and familiarity with realtime video streaming.
- Knowledge of video streaming protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc.
- Knowledge of networking and cloud infrastructure (QoS, HTTP 1.0/2.0, Concurrency Framework) along with troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools.
- Experience with FFMPEG and/or other encoding/packaging open source tools
You might also have
- Experience with crafting video-broadcast and encoding systems in a professional environment.
- Understanding of professional broadcast protocols, including MPEG-TS and RTP
- Experience with Deep Learning based encoding and streaming algorithms.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer (Networking & Streaming) position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.