Role descriptionThe opportunity
At Unity, we are re-inventing the way online games are built, launched, and operated. In Multiplayer Suite, we focus on building highly scalable, distributed, realtime services that enable creators to confidently design, launch, and operate new and engaging connected player experiences. We proudly provide online solutions for matchmaking, lobby, relay, and hybrid multi-cloud game server hosting for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about bringing people together, and enabling game creators to build living experiences for their players.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer who shares our passion for games and building scalable services. As a key member of the team, your role will include developing and expanding multiplayer services and features in the next generation of core gaming services like lobby, social, player-safety, and game server hosting. We are breaking new ground in bringing powerful, enterprise-grade multiplayer capabilities to every creator.What you'll be doing
- Design and develop new product features, services, and improve existing functionality
- Write high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
- Provide mentorship, coaching and technical guidance to development team members
- Prior software development experience using Golang or C#
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, microservices, protocols, database technologies, and reliability
- Quality-driven attitude and approach
- Experience working within an Agile environment (SCRUM/KanBan/XP)
- An understanding of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Nomad
- Experience working with databases and building platform services, eventually consistent service patterns, and/or event-driven architectures
- Experience in gaming is a plus, but not required
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their creativities come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer, Multiplayer Suite position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.