Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future XR devices and platforms including Oculus, OpenXR, Magic Leap, and HoloLens coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology.
For our customers to build immersive experiences, they need a reliable and stable game engine. As a Senior Quality Engineer on the XR team, you will engage with our developers and partners to test the latest XR platform features and experiences, and ensure quality from inception to sunset of a project. You will work with passionate engineers from all around the world to raise our quality bar and help deliver the features that have powered the successful VR games! Your work will ensure that our customers can quickly integrate new XR technologies and easily deploy to a wide variety of platforms.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with other QA and our developers to grow our test suites and platform coverage through manual testing and automation
- Test updates to our XR APIs and platform integrations
- Debug crashes and other issues encountered internally and by our customers
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our automation frameworks
- Interact and connect with external partners and react to changing priorities
What we’re looking for:
- A consistent track record of shipping large, complex software projects and driving quality
- Prior experience testing in a game engine, Unity, and/or in Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Experience developing automated tests using C# (.Net Core)
- Cross-platform working experience on some of the following platforms: Windows, Unix/Linux, Android, iOS, or MacOS
- Knowledge of CI/CD with Git or Mercurial
You might also have:
- Experience on automation systems like Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Experience working on a QA team embedded with developers
- Experience in representing the customer experience to stakeholders, internal and external to the company
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer in Test, XR position on WeChat