Role descriptionThe opportunity
Unity is seeking a senior software developer to join our Google Platform (Android + Chrome OS) team to help the most widely used game engine on mobile evolve to its next generation. From improving the in-editor developer experience and runtime performance optimisation, to platform-specific integrations, you will help to frame the end-to-end workflow of Unity for Google platforms (Android + Chrome OS).
The Google platform has never been a more exciting gaming platform to evolve. With hardware approaching that of modern consoles and a user base in the billions, the potential is boundless. At Unity, we are seeking to remove the limitations of conventional thinking about Google’s platform games and unlock their full potential in the Unity runtime. We strive to make every use of the hardware available while weaving through the complexity of thermal limits, throttling, and battery life.
Want to contribute in making Unity a better engine/editor? This is your chance! Join now!What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement high-quality software products and services for games used by millions of users every day
- Help bring the Android/Chrome OS support in Unity to the next level
- Interact with multiple internal teams to ensure company and product needs are met within the timelines and budgets outlined
- Collaborate with a distributed team of engineers towards a common goal
- Native Android development experience (NDK, JNI, etc.) or ChromeOS development experience
- Knowledge of / experience with C++
- Ability to work independently by quickly adapting to new technologies and tasks
- Excellent communication skills and performance-minded development
- Cross-platform development experience
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer, Google Platform position on WeChat