We are the Emerging Technology team; a team that is part of Accelerate Solutions! We are a team of senior technical experts that partner with AAA game studios to help them make ambitious games while simultaneously improving Unity's technologies by incorporating our partners needs into our offerings!
Our team has a new opening for an experienced hardworking professional that enjoys owning their work and has a passion to learn and grow as a Senior Software Developer, Emerging Technology. As a self-motivated teammate that is passionate about video games, you will join us in our mission to make Unity a better engine for partners.
What you’ll be doing
- Join a growing multidisciplinary team of developers, helping to improve the Engine’s flexibility and performance
- Enable partner success by architecting, improving and developing new technologies for game projects with a focus on performance and quality
- Partake in the partner game development lifecycle by maintaining, building up, or crafting Unity technologies
- Assist the team in facilitating and building relationships with Unity's R&D teams.
What we’re looking for
- A game developer with strong programming skills in C# or C++ who can plan tasks efficiently and develop, profile, debug, and optimize code in multi-platform environments
- Experience shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications
- A strong understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Great communication skills with the ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary internal teams and interact directly with partners, as well as write technical reports
- The comfortability to take ownership of a domain outside of your areas of expertise, working autonomously as needed.
You might also have
- Experience with the Unity Engine, Unreal or another proprietary game engine
- Deep familiarity with one subfield of real-time 3D game development, such as animation, real-time rendering, low-latency networking, ECS programming
- Experience with multithreading programming.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.#LI-SR1 #SEN
Share the Senior Software Developer, Emerging Technology position on WeChat