Role descriptionThe opportunity
We are the Accelerate Solutions Emerging Technology team! We are a team of senior technical experts that partner with AAA game studios to help them make ambitious games while simultaneously improving Unity's technologies.
Our team is growing! We would love to welcome a Senior Software Developer to the team. In this role, you will build upon and maintain a game engine conversion suite of tools.
This is a new project that will result in the creation of a product that will revolutionize the way in which developers and game studios engage with Unity and our suite of bleeding-edge tools. In collaboration with our R&D teams, your mission will help empower creators and deliver high-quality products while improving the Unity Engine and Editor for millions.What you’ll be doing
- Join a growing multidisciplinary team of developers, helping to improve the Engine’s flexibility and performance
- Enable partner success by architecting, improving and developing new technologies for game projects with a focus on performance and quality
- Partake in the game development lifecycle, maintaining, building upon, and crafting Unity technologies
- Assist in facilitating and building relationships with Unity's core technologies teams.
- A game developer with strong programming skills in C# or C++
- Experience with profiling, debugging, and optimization code
- Experience shipping at least one major AAA games title with a strong understanding of all aspects of the game development lifecycle
- Great communication skills with the ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary internal teams and interact directly with external partners, as well as write technical reports
- A comfortability and an interest in autonomously taking ownership of domains outside of your areas of expertise.
- Experience with the Unity Engine, Unreal, Frostbite, or another proprietary game engine
- Deep familiarity with one subfield of game development, such as animation, real-time rendering, or low-latency networking
- Experience with multithreading programming.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer, Emerging Technology position on WeChat