Role descriptionThe opportunity
Do you want to help us bring Unity's ecosystem even closer to the wider game creators community?
Our Strategic Technologies team has new opportunities for several senior core engine software developers! Our team is part of Accelerate Solutions Emerging Technology group! We empower the game creators community by developing a new set of extensions for major proprietary and commercial engines that will enable content creators to easily and seamlessly convert their content assets or scenes to the Unity engine.
We are looking for enthusiastic technical specialists with a tried understanding of asset pipeline workflows and AAA game engine development experience. With this knowledge you will build upon and maintain our plugins suites. You will also optimize and extend our supported features with comprehensive and well crafted extensions!
This role will require occasional travel to Unity R&D and customer offices, scheduled on an as-needed basis based on your discretion.What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop tools and workflows whilst maintaining efficiency, scalability, performance, ease of use and visual fidelity of imported source content
- Extend the coverage of supported features and reverse engineering file formats
- Be proactive by owning multiple engineering domains to improve imported game scenes that match with the source
- Collaborate with R&D teams to adapt, integrate and build new features
- Provide content creators with consistent and responsive tools sets
- Experience crafting importers/exporters for game engines
- Experience with a broad range of engineering areas from video game development such as rendering, animation, physics, scripting, etc
- Proficiency in C# or C++with extensive experience maintaining or working with proprietary or commercial game engines such as Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, etc
- A validated understanding and experience with driving software development lifecycle, release processes, and iterative development practices
- A detailed approach to problem solving and ability to reverse-engineer complex systems and tackle hard problems
- A strong familiarity with assets serialization patterns and workflows
- Industry standard knowledge of widespread DCC file formats, including asset pipelines workflows usage
- Proven experience delivering solutions for multithreaded and real-time systems
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer, Engine Conversion Tools, Emerging Technology position on WeChat