We are looking for an exceptional software developer to join our Simulations team within Unity’s AI organization! Our ideal candidate is someone with extensive solid understanding around building highly available, high scale microservices in the cloud. Our team is passionate about service perfection and want to be part of always raising the bar on technical and operational excellence.
The Simulations Platform team, in particular, is an acceleration effort passionate about building a foundation for multiple applications, from massively scaled distributed systems that run millions of Unity instances in parallel to critical infrastructure in security and data management for all the AI@Unity services. The applications are many and multifaceted - to enable large scale simulations for gameplay and robotics, computer vision and perception. All of our work empowers our customers to do in hours what previously took days to weeks.
What you’ll be doing
- Crafting microservices, libraries and standard methodologies across the AI@Unity organization to build an outstanding foundation for cloud services
- Design, implement, test, and maintain highly scalable services that our customers rely on daily.
- Demonstrate modern languages like Java and Golang, and industry standard solutions such as Kubernetes and Docker, to build solutions
- Engaging with developers and teams across the organization to identify gaps and solutions to raise the bar throughout the org
- Mentoring junior developers, and providing guidance to the team, on always improving what, and how, we deliver
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a software developer working on large scale microservices platform
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Foundation in and understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Experience in a professional software developing experience in Java, Golang, C# or similar languages
- Experience with at least one and ideally multiple public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
You might also have
- Experience with different service frameworks
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer, Backend AI@Unity position on WeChat