We are looking for a dynamic new member to join our team of Release Managers. You will be part of the team responsible for managing and coordinating releases of our products to over a million developers and billions of end-users. We work with R&D with a global mission of improving the way we deliver outstanding quality to our users and your contribution will be key to the team's success in achieving that mission. Your impact will be felt across the org as a central point of contact for release planning and execution for a growing and hugely exciting product portfolio!
Working from our bespoke brand-new offices in Brighton on the UK’s sunny south coast, you'll collaborate with multiple local teams as well as teams across our European and worldwide offices, with opportunities to travel.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with producers, product managers and engineering leads to plan the schedule and scope of Unity releases.
- Collaborating with development teams to land planned work items successfully. Investigating and advocating for best practises to help contributors "do the right thing" by default.
- Delivering weekly releases to internal QA, to alpha/beta testing groups and to live customers. Monitoring release metrics to maintain a comprehensive picture of release health and to report to key partners.
- Working with repository and infrastructure maintainers to improve build stability and test coverage.
- Coordinating internal communications about the releases and associated processes to audiences with varying technical fluency, from executives to developers.
What we’re looking for
- Experience managing product releases or projects with sophisticated dependencies and multiple contributors and delivering on time-based release schedules.
- Software development experience, ideally C++ or C#.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, Mercurial or Perforce and a solid understanding of CI-CD principles.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to navigate constantly evolving situations.
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams.
You might also have
- An interest in computer games or software for creative applications.
- An open mind and a willingness to question the status-quo.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Release Manager position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.