Unity Technologies, creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, is seeking a Senior Communications Manager to provide strategic oversight and management of all Communications activities within the Create division.
Your main role will be to develop and implement PR strategies and tactics for Unity’s Core Tech as well as the Made With Unity program, which is crafted to elevate and celebrate creators using Unity!
You will lead communication efforts using your broad network of media contacts to identify, strategize, and complete PR initiatives and Integrated Communications plans. You will work closely with senior leadership to provide guidance and insight on various critical communication opportunities, as well as the Core Engine & Editor team to develop global plans for the annual releases and other priority projects.
This position requires PR knowledge specifically in the Games and Technology sector business, as well as the soft skills needed to build and manage relationships with internal and external partners.
You will report to the Director of Communications, Create and partner closely with several internal teams including marketing, content marketing, events, social, and community!
What you’ll be doing
- Help drive the Made with Unity program by discovering creators, and developing publicity and co-marketing campaigns to help elevate their success
- Uncover opportunities to foster the brand awareness of Unity Create and our Create leaders through media opportunities, speaking engagements, and more
- Work as a trusted partner and counselor to various internal groups within the company, strategizing and completing various speaking opportunities
- Work with product marketing teams on upcoming campaigns to deliver integrated communications plans to be included in go-to-market plans
- Write, edit, and proofread materials, ensuring quality, consistency, and company narratives are woven throughout each piece at the end
What we’re looking for
- Media Relations experience with a focus on North America, and existing media relationships
- Experience working cross-functionally with marketing, events, community and
- A motivated self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally to get the job done
- Results securing coverage in top-tier mainstream print, online, and broadcast publications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
You might also have
- Experience in both AAA and Indie game development
- Technical background with an understanding of real-time engines and technology platforms
- Experience with the Unity editor
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Public Relations Manager, Create position on WeChat