At Unity, we are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers! We are investing heavily in these areas to make our users successful on whatever their chosen platform is. In joining the XR team, you’ll be responsible for helping drive product development for our XR developer platform, working with users and strategic partners.
As Senior Product Manager, you will be working side-by-side with Engineering, Product Design and Program Management. Together this multi-functional team develops and evolves the Unity platform; designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modelers and developers to build rich and interactive content.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide leadership and vision for how we can improve our XR technology, folding in product requirements gained from multiple sources to identify current and future customer needs
- Drive the design and implementation of user outcomes end-to-end, including capturing and technically documenting feature requests from an array of partners (both internal and external) and working with product designers to develop workflow diagrams, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes
- Work closely with strategic industry partners to move spatial computing forward
- Work closely with partners across the company to communicate plans and build a collaborative environment with transparency and visibility
- Foster an environment that supports testing hypotheses and embraces taking new directions based on the outcome.
- Assist in building business cases and analytical insights for new business initiatives: this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics, and communicating results back to the team & partners
- Be a champion of / and innovator of AR software design patterns and stay up-to-date on the latest XR hardware and software advances
What we’re looking for
- A passion for XR tools and products in the domain of real-time applications, Media & Entertainment or contextual computing.
- Strong expertise in product definition and business strategy with proven experience using datasets to drive strategic decisions for a set of products, tools, or services
- Experience in driving for alignment in cross-discipline and cross-organization teams
- Ability to work autonomously with globally distributed teams and partners
- Demonstrate the success of a product and tradeoffs from multiple angles (i.e. business goals, user goals, technology goals)
You might also have
- Knowledge of the Unity ecosystem and/or development with Unity
- Familiarity with game engine technology (proprietary or 3rd party)
- Familiarity with embedded or mobile systems experience (Android/iOS)
- A true passion for, and enjoyment of spatial computing and human-computer interaction, proven through demos and prototypes
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Product Manager, XR position on WeChat