Role descriptionSenior Product Manager, Safety and Moderation
Do you love multiplayer games? Do you enjoy being a part of the gaming communities that form in your favorite gaming experience? How many times have you witnessed those communities become toxic and something you would rather avoid than be a part of?
At Unity we are reinventing the way multiplayer games are built, launched and operated over its lifetime. This role will focus on building the solutions that game developers need to ensure healthy game communities which are vital to the overall success of every multiplayer game. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, and keeping gamers online with the best possible play experience.
You will be joining the Player Safety and Relationships product team to help shape the direction and future of safety and moderation services. Product Management is an integral part of the business ensuring that the product is aligned to the business strategy and is delivering value to our customers.
The day to day role will revolve around understanding the requirements that we have from customers, industry trends and the wider business. These requirements will then need to be transformed into something our excellent development team can build, our designers can craft, and our sales & marketing can pitch.What you’ll be doing
- Guide the roadmap of our Safety and Moderation product suite from zero to one, prioritizing features, customer needs, and business requirements.
- Strong focus on user first, with demonstrated experience in simplifying complex technologies into simple workflows
- Experience identifying various user problem gaps or product flaws and coming up with creative solutions with your teams
- Provide leadership and vision for how we can improve our technology, folding in product requirements gained from multiple sources to identify current and future customer needs.
- Define, implement and operate the processes necessary to validate the feasibility and value of a wide array of opportunities.
- Work closely with cross functional stakeholders such as engineers, design, and program managers across the organization to develop scope of work, resource needs, risk assessment and validation of partnership opportunities.
- Collecting and technically documenting feature requests from an array of collaborators, both internal and external, to draft use cases, user stories, functional specifications and other feature descriptions
- Working with UX/UI designers to develop workflow diagrams, storyboards and wireframes
- Core product management skills including defining product vision, assessing market opportunities, researching customer needs and creating product roadmaps
- Ability to evaluate and assess large, complex technology stacks that span both Unity and external companies
- Excellent communication skills including the ability the simplify and articulate complex technical concepts to different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience shipping games or interactive experiences to market
- Games industry experience, with empathy and passion for solving the unique problems game developers face
- Experience with moderation and/or community management tools and user needs.
- Passion for gaming
- Awareness of game industry trends, specifically around community management and moderation needs
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Product Manager, Safety and Moderation position on WeChat