Role descriptionThe opportunity
Unity’s Ultra Simple Creation (Ultra) team is building out new creative tools that will inspire and enable entirely new markets of makers! Your role will be to help design a collaborative web-first and mobile design product from the ground up.
This team and product are extensions of Unity’s belief that the world is better with more creators in it. Specifically, Ultra is highly targeted at the extensive number of everyday, common creative tasks that ordinary people have to do. We make it easier than ever to make beautiful, high quality creations.
This role is especially pivotal as an early employee in an internal zero-to-one ‘startup’. You will work alongside product & engineering, and specifically contribute to key workflows ranging from templates to interactivity, animation and 3D. If you are a product designer who has been disappointed or frustrated by the lack of accessible design tools for animation and 3D, this is your chance to make that product come to life!
This is a rare opportunity to join a 0-1 product team inside a well-established, successful company, helping to expand Unity’s tool suite to an entirely new class of users.What you’ll be doing
- Working with the rest of the team to create prototypes and working products for the web.
- Creatively exploring how we can push the bounds on a wide range of sub-disciplines in the creation space: product design, UX, brand design & illustration, 3D design, animation, and video
- Coming up with novel, groundbreaking ways of combining templates and tools to unlock even the most unskilled creators
- A skilled product designer who is at the cutting edge of UI and new interaction paradigms
- Background in web and mobile design, specifically creation tools
- Ability to innovate and play with the concept of creation—we are looking to make the best products, not parity
- Experience in 3D design, motion graphics, animation, or video
- The ability to prototype on the web or mobile
- Experience with typography or illustration
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Product Designer, Ultra position on WeChat