Unity is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help conceptualize, design and build innovative tool sets, workflows and customer experiences through the usage of real-time 3D in a Media Entertainment setting. In this role, you will collaborate closely with a team of developers, designers, business and technical product managers to establish the product direction and to deliver delightful and efficient workflows for industry specialists. You will collaborate on-site with a hardworking team focused on solutions to explore and understand target audience, scenarios and opportunities. You will drive user research to advise product and design decisions, and apply your creative problem solving and facilitation skills to enable the best possible experience outcomes. You will be involved in the entire development process, from ideation to execution, to build new experiences in the media landscape!
What you’ll be doing
- Design complete desktop & mobile authoring workflows and consumer experiences.
- Create high-fidelity flows and prototypes to describe product experiences, review with stakeholders, and iterate towards a final design
- Conduct design research, using internal and external resources to ensure our users-first dedication
- Work with product, design, developers and leadership teams to evolve product strategy
- Take initiatives while partnering closely with development, product, and business peers to find best outcomes.
What we’re looking for
- Both experience in UX/UI design for creative domains like 3D, DCC tooling, and understanding the requirements of mobile interaction paradigms is key.
- Good understanding of Unity game engine or other real-time engines.
- Must be a great teammate with a strong work ethic, growth mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to facilitate an inclusive cross-discipline design process.
- Provide a portfolio of work containing designs and prototypes showing talent in product and UX design, user interface design, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Experience employing data and research to drive digital product design.
You might also have
- Some leadership experience
- Experience building sophisticated prototypes, or data driven design.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, etc., or equivalent work experience.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Product Designer, Show position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.