The Unity team in Copenhagen is looking for a Product Designer to work on the Unity Editor. Join us if you are committed to make an impact for professional artists working in 3D Rendering, Games and Visualisations! You have experience as a Product Designer, User Experience Designer, Tools Designer OR Technical Artist. In this role, you will be working on the Unity engine to craft the daily workflows of 3D light previewing, baking and iteration. You'll be encouraged to push the bar for making complex things simple and elegant to use, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality.
In close collaboration with engineering, artist and product manager peers, you will contribute to and validate product requirements and outcomes. You will use your full range of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce intuitive workflows and clear, important affordances that delight and empower our millions of users in reaching their creative vision.
What you'll be doing
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes from early stages to high fidelity workflows and interactions to inform product specifications, roadmaps and implementation.
- Find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Partnering closely with engineering, artist and product peers, you’ll tackle problems and come up with solutions that delight and empower our end-users.
- Conduct design research, using internal and external resources to ensure our users-first dedication.
- Drive product quality by contributing to design systems and frameworks
What we’re looking for
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of product design, including interaction patterns and supporting visual design language, and demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Experience analysing and visually communicating user insights and data
- Experience with designing complex products for professional use, such as desktop applications
- Experience working with 3D applications in a creative industry, such as but not limited to: 3D visualisation, Rendering, VFX, Games, Architecture, VR/XR, Animation, Interactive Arts
- Outstanding communication skills and proven ability to rally partners around solving user problems
You might also have
- Experience working as a game engine tools engineer or designer
- Passion for game art and design
This is a full-time position based in our Copenhagen office, we appreciate it if you attach your portfolio while submitting your application.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Product Designer, Unity Editor position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.