SyncSketch is a real-time collaboration platform for creatives. Our tools give film & game studios, creative agencies, and students the ability to iterate rapidly on their projects, by delivering an intuitive review environment.
We are seeking a Senior Integrations Engineer to join our growing team at Unity. In this role, you will be tackling development initiatives that simplify how artists work with SyncSketch, building out solutions that connect into the day-to-day communications and content creation tools of creative teams.
The person we are looking for has a history of building out elegant applications that integrate extensively with 3rd-party APIs.
Working closely with product managers and designers, it will not only be your job to dive in on implementation details, but also to advise on development practices and frameworks which will allow for a consistent user experience across web, desktop, and mobile environments.
At Unity, we recognize that diversity in backgrounds & experience makes our team stronger. Even if you do not meet all of the listed qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and share how your experience would be a great match for this role.
If helping creatives around the world deliver the next generation of content is a challenge that inspires you, then let’s talk!
What you’ll be doing
- Implementing plugins for desktop applications such as Unity, Blender, Nuke, Houdini, and Maya, that allow creatives to interact with SyncSketch, without having to leave the context of their content creation environment
- Extending the SyncSketch API and webhooks, giving clients the power to integrate more closely into their studio-specific workflows
- Continuously improving the code base by offering thoughtful code reviews to other developers and by writing automated tests
- Helping maintain public-facing repositories, interacting with the SyncSketch developer community, in particular when they raise issues or suggest merge requests
- Collaborate with our operations team to determine infrastructure requirements needed to support the features you are building
What we’re looking for
- An understanding of web application and service infrastructure, with a particular interest in REST API architecture
- Someone who knows and cares about staying up-to-date with standard methodologies in their areas of expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
You might also have
- A solid understanding of tools used by content creators in the media & entertainment industry, such as Unity, Nuke, Blender, Houdini, and Maya
- Experience with the encoding and processing of common image, video, and 3D file formats
- An interest in open source technologies relevant to production studios, such as OpenColorIO, USD, OpenEXR, and OpenTimelineIO
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Pipeline Engineer, SyncSketch position on WeChat