Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has flourished.
We are looking for an experienced networking and multiplayer engineer to help us reimagine how multiplayer experiences are made on the engine which powers 50% of all games. Join a new team dedicated to creating a performant & flexible networking stack, and a modern development experience tailored to multiplayer games.Responsibilities
- Design, and implement a fast and flexible network transport library
- Help define the feature roadmap for the networking library and development tools
- Implement encryption, delta compression, connection management and other low-level networking functionality
- Develop systems covering everything from lag compensation to game object replication.
- Expert knowledge of UDP/RUDP and typical game networking concepts
- Experience as a multiplayer or networking engineer in a shipped game
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with high performance programming, multi-threading, and memory management
- C# expertise
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Contributions to a Unity networking solution
- Prior experience developing a game networking/replication engine
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Multiplayer Networking Engineer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.