As Unity stretches its capabilities to meet the needs of the biggest – and smallest – use cases, we are in the midst of a data-oriented technology transformation that will enable all of our users to do more.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated technical program management leader to coordinate operations and communications for the DOTS Architecture group within R&D. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and program managers from other parts of R&D, supporting teams in their internal processes and opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company. This fundamental change to how we build our engine will require deep collaboration between teams, and streamlined communication in a constantly changing environment.
You will lead a team of technical program managers to ensure that this effort is organized for success. As R&D teams are broadly distributed through North America, Europe, and beyond, some international travel is to be expected.
As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. You ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. You have a light-touch project management style, and a dedication to encouraging a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Your communication skills are outstanding, and you have an understanding of and appreciation for working across different cultures.
What you'll be doing
- Lead, support, and manage the team top drive teamwork around the DOTS effort
- Use proficiency in common software production methodologies and deep empathy for developers to improve the team’s ability to plan and deliver software without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
- Coordinate with DOTS team leadership and product management to build and maintain a clear roadmap of team priorities and dependencies
- Circulate regular status updates to partners, providing a concise high-level view into the team’s health and progress against goals
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go BOLD
What we're looking for
- Extensive experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience, including executive leadership
- Ability to gracefully manage change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious attitude. Be willing to ask questions, and dig for your own answers as well
You might also have
- Game development experience (Unity engine or otherwise), in particular on AAA-scale titles
- Experience with enterprise-scale software development
- Working with distributed teams across time zones
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Manager, Technical Program Management, DOTS position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.