At Unity Technologies, we believe that the world is a better place with more creators. The Unity Engine is a premier platform for a variety of different interactive media experiences, ranging from PC/console and mobile games, to Hollywood film CGI, to cutting-edge AR/VR interactive experiences and industrial simulation.
Content creation is only half of the story. The standard of today and tomorrow’s digital experiences are tethered on content that are live, dynamic, and personalized. Unity’s Operate Solutions further enables the success of our creators, empowering them to deliver the best experiences to their end consumers. Our solution ranges from services geared towards operating an online video game content such as multiplayer services, game backend, analytics, voice/chat, and community building, to growth tools through advertising and monetization, to powering various industry verticals in delivering or streaming their content seamlessly.
As a Director of Product Management at Unity, you will oversee a growing group of talented product leaders and people managers to define the strategy and organization for a high impact part of Unity’s business. You will also have the opportunity to work in a high scale environment, where engineering and data science technologies are constantly being pushed to be at the forefront of innovation.
You will be tasked with thought leadership to disrupt current product offerings in the market, drive successful go-to-market strategy for accelerated product adoption with product marketing/sales, and distill customer needs to create products that take developers’ success to the next level. To qualify, you should have a very strong understanding of game development and operations. You should understand our competitors’ offerings and be able to innovate to differentiate our product offerings. You should also feel comfortable building business plans that drive our investment decisions using a combination of data and your own business experience. Director, Product Management - Multiplayer will oversee the vision, strategy, and organizational execution of services needed for game developers to deliver rich online game experiences, such as server hosting, matchmaking, lobby, and toxicity management. Your goal will be to provide industry leadership to navigate through different solutions, and help bring to life the best customer journey of the industry to help our customers realise their multiplayer launch dreams. This position will require constant collaboration with our development centers located in Montreal, Canada and the United Kingdom. This position is ideally based in Montreal, Canada. This role will be responsible for product vision, design, and outcome of Unity’s Multiplayer capabilities. As part of the Product Leadership Team, this role will also have the opportunity to drive significant business value through successful delivery of planned initiatives and understands the value of team culture, communication, and collaboration.
- Grow and develop the product management team to continue raising the bar
- Drive the overall vision for Unity Multiplayer Solutions
- Propose investment decisions for the Multiplayer group while being responsible of the investment outcome
- Work with engineering, design, research, business, and marketing leaderships in order to ensure the teams are organized to drive results
- Interface with Unity’s executive team to convey team’s vision and progress through various touch points such as operational meetings and strategic planning sessions
- Interact with key customers and studying the market in order to drive product investment alignment
- Build strategic partnerships with companies that can enhance Unity’s offering
- Experience in online connected video games development and operations or cloud services with passion in video games
- Experience in managing highly technical people managers
- Successful track record in shipping products that created an impact, preferably to the video gaming community
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally across various levels that to drive alignment and outcome
- Passion for motivating organizations around your vision
- Bold approach on the larger product and business decisions; no fear to take calculated risks and collaborating across sites and functions
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Director, Technical Product Management / Directeur, Gestion de produit technique position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.