You are a proven engineering leader with a passion for building amazing user experiences through modern architecture and system design. You love being a part of the game industry and get joy from people using your tools and modules to make amazing and innovative things. You drive the business to get things done and to do them right. You aren't afraid to take on difficult problems and turn them into innovative solutions. You are people-minded, fostering a culture of empathy, diversity and growth. We are looking for you.
In this role you will drive collaboration & alignment across stakeholders & partners from Product management, UX Design, Engineering & Release Management. You will own predictable & successful delivery of core Unity features and products. You will be accountable for the technical leadership around architectural design, implementation, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Through mentorship & coaching, you’ll create an engineering culture that drives innovation and people growth. Some travel is required 3-4 times per year.
- Establish vision & technical direction for Unity applications used by more than a million developers;
- Drive business growth by guiding multiple teams through successful product deliveries
- Be accountable for the estimates and track work plans, help mitigate risk and report on delivery status to different stakeholders;
- Establish a culture of designing, developing, and testing applications in accordance with modern engineering standards;
- Provide technical leadership, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Collaborate with product management and design in the gathering of user requirements and the design of the UX, and create cross-functional alignment across stakeholders on roadmap & plans
- Experience in Unity application development
- Experience managing medium to large engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, able to create strong partnerships through transparency, clarity & alignment
- Comfortable working in a highly distributed environment and communicating with team members across multiple time zones
- Solid understanding of standard methodologies (continuous integration, source control management, code reviews)
- Experience with public cloud technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with cross-platform native application development
- Game development experience
- You have your own hobby projects (e.g. open-source projects, games, apps, etc)
- Publications/talks in engineering technologies or engineering culture
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
#LI- ASP #SEN
Share the Senior Manager, Software Engineering position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.