We are looking for an exceptional engineering manager to join Unity’s ML-Agents team within AI@Unity. The ML-Agents team is an applied research team focused on developing technologies for creating intelligent character behaviors within Unity environments. This includes:
- Building and maintaining the ml-agents GitHub project which enables developers to train agent behaviors using deep reinforcement learning and imitation learning.
- Developing algorithms and methods for training game-playing agents. Such agents have the potential to transform how games are created, tested, and deployed, and the experiences they deliver to millions of players worldwide.
- Building cloud services to enable scalable, distributed training of agent behaviors.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and engineering leadership to conceptualize, strategize, and develop new products centered around ML-Agents
- Build, mentor, and manage a world-class team of researchers, engineers, and artists
- Support the team in advancing the state-of-the-art of machine learning to improve our core product offerings
- Support the team in building and operating revenue-generating machine learning services
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and external partners (e.g. game studios) to evangelize and position the ML-Agents project and services
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience managing medium to large engineering and/or machine learning teams
- Extensive research experience in machine learning or in building large-scale machine learning systems
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience launching new ML products
- Experience managing open-source projects
- Published research in areas of Machine Learning at major conferences and/or journals
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Manager, Machine Learning (ML-Agents) AI@Unity position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.