Role descriptionThe Opportunity
As the Senior Manager, Graphics Technical Product Manager at Unity, you will be leading the product management team passionate about graphics initiatives. You will have the opportunity to work with our Research and Development organization to build outstanding rendering solutions, tools, and services crafted to help our users build world-class content. Collaborate with the world's leading game developers to enable the next generation in games. Be part driving the new movement from offline rendering to realtime interactive 3D in markets such as Film & TV, the Automotive industry and Architecture, Engineering and Construction. Work with our marketing team to help craft communications plans that encourage our global developer community to get the most out of each new offering. Join Unity and craft the future of Graphics.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, Sherman, the Book of the Dead, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo, and many many more.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from GDC 2019, E3 2019, Unite LA 2018, Unite Berlin 2018, GDC 2018, Real or rendered? Real-time ray tracing, Introduction to the Universal Render Pipeline, Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph, Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph, and so much more! Unity graphics team are also frequent speakers at SIGGRAPH Advances in Real-Time Rendering and Open Problems in Real-Time Rendering yearly courses.What You’ll Be Doing
- Partner with the VP of Graphics and team leads to develop the vision for Unity’s Graphics offerings.
- Lead the Graphics Product Management team and help them grow and improve. Ensure that they are set up for success and are passionate about what matters most. Work with product leadership to craft the best product management practices across the organization.
- Work closely with major game development studios, including AAA console development, leading mobile development to both do the discovery of new user needs and the validation of the technology in development.
- Partner with Unity’s platform teams including Mobile, Console, PC, and Web to map out current and future platform requirements.
- Ensure we are listening to developers' needs and translate them into feature requirements that empower our users to make elite content that improves performance while making production easier.
- Be a specialist on the competitive landscape in Graphics and provide those insights to internal teams within Unity
- Work together with our Engineering, Producer, and Product Marketing teams to develop roadmaps for innovative Graphic's technology which includes planning, feature definition, development of the commercial case for new and existing verticals, and help execute the go-to-market release
- Product management experience in a leading gaming or platform development business; A confirmed understanding of modern techniques used to develop software at scale
- Experience leading a product management organization; successfully developing and guiding new product feature delivery, including a proven record to champion product improvements through to successful launch
- Experience and understanding of graphics pipeline, graphics platform APIs, shaders, real-time, 3D rendering, and artist tooling in game engines; Experience with Unity, Unreal Engine, or any proprietary game engine.
- Be able to articulate technically sophisticated concepts concisely for non-technical collaborators.
- Have the ability to build a business case around a product or service
- Hands-on experience playing a substantive role in a project using a real-time 3D renderer
- Experience with graphics API like DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan/Metal.
- Experience with console, desktop and mobile rendering.
- Familiarity with known physically-based shading models.
- Experience in software development using C++, C# or another major language a plus
- Excellent product management, communication, and leadership skills
- Excellent collaborator that works well in team environments
Unity is the world’s leading platform for crafting and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their creativities come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to build, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to encouraging an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Manager, Graphics Technical Product Management position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.