GameTune enables game developers to use machine learning to optimize the game experience for each player in real time. GameTune comes with easy to use end-to-end integration with full automation. GameTune is integrated into the game and it is able to make real-time decisions for each user to create the optimal user experience while optimizing the goals set by the developer.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join the GameTune team. You will work with a team of world class data scientists and engineers, taking ownership of the machine learning related parts of the product. Your mission is to figure out the best possible ways to combine large amounts of customers’ and Unity’s data and use machine learning solutions to create tailored game experiences for each individual player.
We are a highly autonomous and empowered team, working closely with our customers. GameTune is in an interesting product phase where we are scaling it for a wider audience and actively developing the feature set to meet our customers’ needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with hands-on software development, helping to drive the technical vision of the product to ensure we deliver the maximal value for our customers
- Implement state of the art machine learning methods that are used in real-time to optimize the game experience for millions of players
- Drive and guide machine learning related product development in close collaboration with our customers, data scientists, product managers, and other engineers
- Initiate and define new product opportunities and figure out novel ways to use data to create tailored game experiences and to optimize game metrics
- Participate in everything from modeling, implementation, and measuring to defining the technology architecture, and how we do machine learning and build the product
What we’re looking for
- You know how to effectively get things done and run data-driven software product development while balancing speed of delivery with good quality
- A strong engineering background and solid experience in building machine learning systems
- Ability to write maintainable and well-tested production quality code to be run in real-time systems
- Hands-on experience on frameworks and tools to build deep learning or reinforcement learning based models using Python, TensorFlow, TensorFlow Transform, Keras or other similar technologies
- You are able to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and talk about them with the team in English
You might also have
- Previous experience or insights into the gaming industry, especially with free-to-play games
- Experience in leading and mentoring software development teams
- You can drive technical product vision, and you can take ownership of technical roadmap for the team
- Experience in building new products from scratch and successfully launching them to the market
- Experience with Google Cloud products such as BigQuery or Dataflow is valuable
- You can use SQL to gather data to evaluate results and support decision-making
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.#LI-PS1
Share the Senior Machine Learning Engineer, GameTune position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.