We are looking for an experienced machine learning developer who will join the ML-Agents team under AI@Unity. The ML-Agents team is an applied research team focused on developing technologies for creating intelligent character behaviors within Unity environments. This includes:
- Building and maintaining the ml-agents GitHub project which enables developers to train agent behaviors using deep reinforcement learning and imitation learning.
- Developing algorithms and methods for training game-playing agents. Such agents have the potential to transform how games are created, tested, and deployed, and the experiences they deliver to millions of players worldwide.
- Building cloud services to enable scalable, distributed training of agent behaviors.
- Contribute to the design, development, and operation of a world-class large-scale distributed machine learning platform
- Build and own robust microservices that can scale to millions of games
- Define API specifications for your services and how to integrate with other Unity services and systems
- Build internal tools that support machine learning experimentation
- Contribute to the design, development, and support of the ml-agents GitHub project
- Write high-quality, clean code that is production-grade
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid foundation in mathematics, statistics, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid foundation in machine learning and deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Expertise in Scala, Python, C# or Go
- Solid experience with building performant, robust, large scale data/distributed systems in a production setting
- Experience working with public cloud providers like GCP AWS, and Azure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build cross-functional relationship across the company
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development, or robotics
- Experience with machine learning inference engines (e.g. Apple Core ML)
- Contributed to open-source projects
- Expertise with GCP
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Machine Learning Developer (ML-Agents), AI@Unity position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.