Using our industry leading game engine, we are creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will impact multiple industries like Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence.
We are looking for an exceptional engineer to increase adoption for Unity as a platform to train agent behaviors using machine learning techniques such as deep reinforcement learning and imitation learning. You will be working with a team of researchers and engineers to enable games and simulations to serve as environments for training intelligent agents. These trained agents can be used for multiple purposes, including controlling NPC behavior in a variety of settings such as multi-agent and adversarial.
You will be a key engineer contributing to the design and development of state-of-the-art algorithms for deep reinforcement learning, imitation learning, and/or neuroevolution. You will collaborate with other engineers to scale up training on our simulation platform. These algorithms will be used to train behaviors of characters in very complex Unity environments on tasks including cooperative and adversarial learning in multiagent settings.
Learn more about our key products
- Collaborate with Product Managers and senior engineering leadership to conceptualize, strategize, and develop new products
- Set and achieve goals that stretch what’s possible for reinforcement training via the Simulations
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team to work on some of the most complex challenges in simulations
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team
- Educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of Unity, it’s AI platform and participate in discussions to ensure solutions are designed for success
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or related equivalent experience
- Experience as a developer with solid skills in Python
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Published research in Deep Learning or Reinforcement Learning at major conference or journal
- Eligible for Federal security clearance
- Knowledge of the cloud-native ecosystem
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed machine learning and model deployment
- Significant contributions to open-source software
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Reinforcement Learning, AI@Unity position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.