Come and take a central role in pushing forward the Unity engine. We are looking for an experienced input system engineer with experience in both backend and front-end implementations of input data and bindings across multiple platforms to join our Platforms Support team. The team is part of the CORE RnD team with team members in Stockholm and Berlin.
You will work with a highly skilled and motivated international team, building and maintaining a new input system that encompasses native input processing, standardized device abstraction, public API with both low-level and high-level tiers as well as robust extensibility, and graphical user interfaces.
With a constant focus on designing for a diverse range of use cases and user skill levels, you will apply your expertise in system design and data structures to build state-of-the-art input technology for a variety of platforms and devices including PC, mobiles, consoles, and VR.
If you want to have a central part in building an Input system that can grow with our customers’ projects, in a compact in-house solution, we would like to hear from you.
- Design, develop, and mature input-related functionality in Unity in collaboration with platform and feature teams
- Design and develop support for new input technologies and platforms
- Interact with internal and external users to provide support and gather feedback
- Write tests and documentation as part of development work
- Experience with C# and C++
- Experience with input hardware and software desirable
- Experience with automated testing (TDD experience desirable)
- Experience with cross-platform development desirable
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Experience working with teams across multiple time zones
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Input Systems Programmer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.