Unity is growing fast! Hiring and retaining the best people is key to our success. HR Operations is the engine that enables success for employees, managers and internal partners at Unity. Our goal is to make it easy for our employees to work at Unity. We’re on the hunt for a Senior People Operations Specialist to help us deliver on that goal. In this role you will collaborate with the regional and global HR teams and other teams (recruitment, finance, workplace experience, IT) to really drive forward the development and delivery of smooth and easy to use HR operations in EMEA. You’ll have a strong focus on the UK and Ireland (and probably another country or two), you’ll drive EMEA wide programmes, and will have the opportunity to shape the way we do HR Ops at Unity. You’ll also work closely with our fabulous EMEA HR Ops and HR business partner teams to support across the region.
- You will deliver continuous improvement initiatives and provide an exceptional HR service, as well as being highly communicative and deal with often complex issues. You will share your experience and knowledge with the team, and support the continued development of all our HR Ops colleagues
- You’ll provide an excellent employee experience from onboarding to offboarding and all that happens in between, constantly striving to make things better for our employees
- You’ll engage with outside people / organisation and internal teams across the business to drive and deliver various HR Operational projects (in EMEA region, or even globally)
- You will partner with our HR team to ensure full compliance with the local employment law landscape, while still keeping things as simple as possible
- You’ll get to drive the development of our HR information system, Workday, supporting, suggesting and driving fixes and system enhancements
- You’ll work closely with EMEA payroll to deliver accurate and timely payroll information changes for monthly payroll - ensuring that all our employees are paid accurately and on time; constantly reviewing how and what information we deliver, driving as much towards Workday as possible
- You’ll have full responsibility for the running of our time off and benefit plans (vacation, leave of absences, pensions, health etc) - driving forward tight and efficient processes that are built to scale. You’ll work closely with our Benefits team to review our offerings
- Operations is your thing! You have worked in an operational HR / HR manager role with a demanding workload including managing payroll, benefits, HRIS (ideally Workday), employee data, process improvement. You thrive in roles that involve transactional and operational tasks, process improvement and scalability. You enjoy solving challenging and uncommon problems, and deliver usable solutions for employees
- You will have a strong working knowledge of UK employment law and benefits, and ideally have worked in HR across multiple countries
- You are highly self motivated and self managing, with excellent time management and organisational skills. You leverage your own judgement to execute on your work. You are also an extraordinary team player, with a positive and energetic personality and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You enjoy mentoring and coaching team members to success
- You are able to work in a chaotic environment which is regularly changing and very fast paced. You will work at a fast pace yourself, and be able to determine the appropriate balance between speed and quality
- You have an undergraduate or masters degree in HR or related field; or have gained the equivalent knowledge through your work experience.
- You have experience managing HR operations in one or more of the following: Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, Sweden
- You are passionate about the employee and manager experience—it’s always top of mind for you. We solve for their experience, not ours
- Hungry to try new and creative approaches. We don’t want traditional solutions unless they happen to be the best ones
- You know all the latest solutions and have a point of view on their value
- Experience working with colleagues from many different cultures across international offices
- Experience working at a technology company
Occasional travel for projects and team meetings several times a year, and ad hoc on occasion. Occasional early morning or evening calls with our team in San Francisco, or other global offices.
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior HR Operations Specialist position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!