Every person at Unity is empowered to work on exciting and challenging projects. After all, democratizing game development is no easy feat, but it is fun - and incredibly rewarding. Our teams around the world focus on a common question: How do we continuously improve the tools and technology for our community of users?
We work with developers, artists, and entrepreneurs worldwide to bring a visually-stunning, easily-deployable, and powerful development platform to its users.
As a Graphics Engineer at Unity working on shader systems such as Shader Graph, you will help build future generations of graphics technology. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them to empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences through our shader and material systems. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
What you’ll be doing
- Invent, extend, and maintain shading workflows, features, and tools
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation and tests
- Design powerful and extensible user workflows
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team and work closely with technical artists to create highly productive and effective art and content workflows
What we’re looking for
- Experience with C# and common UI architectures (MVP, MVVM, etc) and frameworks (WPF, CSS, etc)
- Experience with developing artist-facing tools and workflows, especially a shading system or node graph-based UI
- Understanding of shader systems and algorithms
- Computer Science degree and/or a degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
You might also have
- You’ve worked in games as a graphics or tools programmer
- Familiar with UX principles and accessible UI design
- Familiar with modern graphics shading languages (HLSL/GLSL/Metal/SPIR-V) and graphics APIs (DX12, Vulkan, Metal)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Graphics Tools Engineer, Shader Graph position on WeChat