As a Senior Graphics Engineer at Unity working on shader systems such as Shader Graph and cross-render-pipeline shading systems, you will help build future generations of graphics technology. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them to empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences through our shader and material systems. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
- Invent, extend, and maintain shading features, workflows, and tools
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation and tests
- Design powerful and extensible public APIs
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team and work closely with technical artists to create highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Inspire and help develop more junior members of the team
- Real-time computer graphics knowledge
- Experience with C# and modern graphics shading languages (HLSL/GLSL/Metal/SPIR-V) on PC, mobile platforms or recent console architectures
- Computer Science degree and/or a degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- You’ve worked on multiple AAA games as a graphics or tools programmer
- Modern graphics API knowledge (i.e. DX12, Vulkan, Metal)
- Experience with developing artist-facing tools and workflows, especially a shading system or node graph-based UI
- Data-driven design, architecture and cross-platform development experience (i.e. console, PC, mobile)
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- Detailed knowledge of one or more modern CPU and GPU architectures
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Graphics Engineer, Shader position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.