Every person at Unity is enabled to work on exciting and challenging projects. After all, democratizing game development is no easy feat, but it is fun - and overall, incredibly rewarding. Our teams around the world focus on a common question: how do we continuously improve the tools and technology for our community of customers?
We work with developers, artists, and entrepreneurs worldwide to bring a visually-stunning, easily-deployable, and powerful development platform to its users.
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Graphics Engineer to join the Unity Mobile game engine R&D team. You will be working on the most widely used games engine available and helping to extend the foundation for high fidelity mobile graphics which will be deployed to billions of devices around the world.
You have worked on high-performance graphics rendering and engine level tech on mobile or console platforms in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code. If you are also looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.
- Design and implement high-quality software products and services for games used by hundreds of millions of players every day
- Develop and optimize graphics features on mobile devices, extend integration of platform-specific APIs
- Collaborate in architectural decisions
- Interface with multiple internal teams to ensure all company and product needs are met within the timelines and budgets outlined
- Deep understanding and experience with at least one modern graphics API (12, Vulkan, Metal, OpenGL ES)
- Native game development experience (e.g. Consoles/PC/Mobile)
- Strong skills working with low-level C++, C or Objective C code
- Cross-platform development experience and familiar with platform-specific graphics debugging and profiling tools
- Performance-minded development, code profiling, and optimization skills
- Professional mobile graphics software development experience (native Android or iOS)
- Knowledge of mobile CPU and GPU architectures
- Experience using the Unity engine and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Experience with shader authoring and optimization
- Native embedded systems development
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to travel to visit partners or other Unity offices
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Graphics Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!