Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, game designers, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.
As a senior graphics engineer on the terrain & environment graphics team at Unity, you will be involved in the research, design, and development of the systems and rendering innovations for our environment technology. We specialize in solving the challenges around large-scale terrain, water, foliage and everything else you might find in a vibrant, open-world environment.
In this position, you will focus on state-of-the-art rendering methodologies such as terrain tessellation, virtual texturing, CPU and GPU object scattering and other rendering techniques that aid in our world authoring and rendering. You will have a direct impact on how our users will build open-world, scalable, network-authoritative games in Unity. This is a permanent position at Unity in which we hope for you to join our family of developers and grow into a key contributor.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of systems such as object scattering, virtual texturing, terrain rendering, build on top of Unity’s DOTS and Hybrid renderer technology.
- Use the latest graphics techniques and modern APIs, such as async compute, to help us build an interactive, non-destructive authoring experience for world building.
- Collaborate with technical artists to define and implement artist-friendly workflows.
- Profile and optimize our rendering pipeline to ensure we deliver outstanding results.
What we're looking for
- Extensive software development experience in game engines and graphics APIs
- Knowledge of C# and/or C++
- Familiar with the latest innovations in real-time graphics
- Experience designing and implementing performant rendering systems.
You might also have
- Experience making games on different platforms (console, mobile)
- Worked on solutions for real-time terrain rendering.
- Experience using the Unity engine
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Graphics Engineer, Environment position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.