The Senior Finance Manager is a key position in the EMEA finance team reporting into the Director of Accounting Operations (based in the US). The position will be responsible for ensuring the timeliness and quality of financial reporting, managing the local and group audit activities and working closely with 3rd party providers to ensure the timely filing of Financial Statements. We are in an exciting period of growth and this role will support and drive a number of key projects and we are looking for somebody who will be working with developing major process improvement within our financial systems. In order to be successful in this position, we look for more than just strong technical skills as you will need to thrive in a changing environment, have the ability to balance the responsibilities towards Unity at a global and local level and leverage the value of our global Finance community. We set our standards high and set KPIs on producing a timely and accurate close, ensuring key accounts are properly reconciled prior to close, accrual accuracy, accounting accuracy and we aim for no audit remarks. We have the resources to create groundbreaking creative technology and this position will contribute to some of the most critical financial decisions we have to take across EMEA.
- Oversee and manage the EMEA external audit process, follow-up and take corrective actions as required for internal and external auditing
- Work alongside local stakeholders and the US Technical accounting team to develop accounting policy and practices that are consistent with local GAAP (EMEA) and aligned with US GAAP
- Oversee and manage the preparation of statutory financial statements alongside our 3rd party providers
- Work as the key EMEA Finance lead for finance systems and process change
- Identify requirements for new accounting standards, assess the impact of each in conjunction with Group Accounting Policy and implement in conjunction with the global accounting team
- Ensure effective processes and controls are in place and operating efficiently
- Support the wider EMEA team to drive the Finance agenda
- You are an accounting expert with proven experience including advanced skills in IFRS / US GAAP / DK GAAP
- All round ERP experience as well as a general understanding of VAT and other public accounting activities
- You have a demonstrated ability to drive change and relish the opportunity to work in a fast pace and challenging global environment
- Experience complying with statutory financial reporting requirements in a variety of countries across the globe is preferred
- Experience working with large international, multiple entity organizations and/or a listed company either in a regional or corporate role
- Experience of operating under a US parent company, from within an EMEA based finance team
- Experience with pre-IPO companies
- Experience working in the tech industry or a high growth environment
- Post qualified experience in public accounting
- Experience in the industry as a region or division Controller
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified Auditor or equivalent qualification
- Experience running multiple regional audits at the same time as well as designing, implementing and owning auditing processes
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Finance Manager position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!