Unity is looking for a Senior Editor Engineer on our CoCreate team. The CoCreate team provides comprehensive project collaboration tools, accelerating teams so that all roles can work seamlessly inside and outside of Unity. This team’s projects are highly innovative. We research hard to solve problems that deliver significant improvements to creators’ day to day work.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will take on key ownership of the technical aspect of the product. You will be collaborating closely with product and UX to prototype, design, and ultimately build, test, and deploy the solutions that enable content creators to work together more efficiently. You have a passion for solving hard problems that the industry has no solution for. You are a team player who enables the success of others.
Software engineers on the CoCreate team have high influence on project direction and team culture. We value open communication and teamwork. We care deeply about our users and ensure our product functions for real world scenarios.
- Design and implement frameworks, APIs, and UI that works for various team sizes and complex projects
- Work with product and UX team to define user workflows and requirements
- Mentor and guide junior and mid-level engineers
- Establish best practices and build higher standards
- Strong understanding and experience building with or developing extensions for Unity
- Demonstrated success with owning products from conceptualization to deployment
- Experience with C++ and C#
- Experience with both frontend UI and backend API development
- Ability to clearly communicate and discuss your ideas and solutions
- Experience leading a team
- Familiar with tackling multiple projects in parallel
- Experience with inter process communication
- Experience with developing packages / extensions for 3rd party software
- Experience with CI/CD, and distributed software systems at scale on modern cloud infrastructure platforms using Docker, Kubernetes
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Editor Engineer, CoCreate position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.