Unity is looking for an experienced design leader to be responsible for the design and consistency of workflows and products across our Core and Cloud organization, including our flagship product the Unity Editor.
Working directly with VP level product management, engineering and other design leaders within Unity, this leader will be responsible for conceptualizing, defining, and implementing high-level design strategy directly connected to core Unity business strategies and customer success in gaming and related industries.
The right candidate has a proven track record for leading teams and delivering innovative product design with measurable impact on company strategy and the customer interests, and demonstrating exceptional quality and attention to detail. They will demonstrate a natural curiosity for technology, and a passion for empowering their users through it. As a leader in Unity, you will continue to establish and reinforce our values and culture, work to ensure we clarify and champion value for our users, engender alignment and deliver consistency across all products, and exemplify the highest standards of inclusive design on your way to delivering innovative solutions to millions of Unity creators worldwide.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and develop a team of design directors, product designers, user researchers and technical artistry teams
- Establish clear and actionable design goals aligned with core product strategies, ensuring the highest quality customer and end-user outcomes
- Drive the consistency and coherence of workflows, patterns, and language across authoring tools and gaming solutions
- Partner and collaborate with product and engineering leaders to envision innovative authoring experiences, plan for, and make them real
- In collaboration with product management, engineering, research and data science work to ensure a smooth and reliable product development process, with measurable customer impact
What we’re looking for:
- Experience managing design teams working on authoring tools and solutions in the gaming, visual effects or similar professional industries.
- A body of work demonstrating your ability to deliver sophisticated technical products with elegant workflow and scalable design on various platforms
- Experience working with large cross-functional product teams, and driving for alignment around customer and users-first outcomes
- Exceptional design communication and presentation skills
- A real passion for empowering creativity through technology
You might also have:
- Hands-on experience with gaming platforms
- Experience working in gaming and film VFX pipelines
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Director, Product Design, Core and Cloud position on WeChat