The Unity Monetization team builds advertising, other personalized content delivery solutions, and technologies used in hundreds of thousands of apps. Our Monetization platform processes TBs of data and delivers relevant content to hundreds of millions of users every day. Unity is investing heavily in deep learning and deep reinforcement learning on multiple fronts. In Helsinki, we develop cutting edge machine learning-centric products that provide millions of predictions each and every second to optimize the effectiveness and profitability of user acquisition advertising campaigns.
We are now looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our growing team! At Unity, you will get a unique opportunity to use data and innovative machine learning methods for real-world impact on gamers and game developers everywhere. We are constantly striving to build disruptive and powerful products to enable developers to reach the right audiences for their games.
What you'll be doing
- Develop state-of-the-art machine learning methods for predicting user behaviour in games they have not played
- Employ a tech stack of Python/Spark/Tensorflow/Keras/Golang to develop and improve an online decision-making system reaching 2 billion unique devices monthly
- Drive the implementation of deep learning based online personalized targeting solutions with a team of talented data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Combine machine learning with a product-oriented approach to make ad-based user acquisition intuitive and effective for game developers and relevant for mobile gamers
- Convey ideas, guide execution and mentor junior team members
What we're looking for
- Solid understanding and practical experience in machine learning concepts and programming
- Well-versed in cutting edge machine learning methods
- Experience with deep learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with implementing various data and machine learning-based online decision-making systems on a large scale
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
You might also have
- Experience with large scale data/distributed systems
- Experience in mobile advertisement or gaming
- Education on machine learning, math, physics, computer science or equivalent
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Data Scientist position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.