We are looking for a data engineer to strengthen our newly formed Advertiser Reporting team. The team is responsible for providing efficient tools for our advertiser customers' reporting needs within Unity Ads and maintaining the data pipelines required to back those tools. You will help the team by defining the pipelines and mentoring team members on data engineering tasks. Based on your inclinations you can also take part in the application programming of the reporting UIs and API endpoints that use the pipelines or focus deeper on the producer side and dive in depth to the real time data processing.
Your work will directly reflect on the customer experience to allow them to run the most efficient ad campaigns possible.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and improve our reporting data pipelines
- Design data pipelines for new products and customer reporting needs
- Work closely with product and various partners to understand business issues to ensure relevant data is accurately processed
- Participate in the development of our APIs and UIs
What we’re looking for
- Experience building data pipelines using Apache Airflow or similar schedulers
- Experience with Apache Spark or similar data-analytics tools
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience of working with time series databases
- Experience with cloud native data tools such as BigQuery, RedShift, EMR or Dataproc (Our stuff runs in GCP)
You might also have
- Experience in real time data processing with e.g. Apache Kafka and Apache Samza
- Experience in full stack development
- Experience in game advertising or monetization
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Data Engineer position on WeChat