As the leading development platform for gaming, AR, VR, and real-time interactive 3D visualization, Unity is helping to bring creations of all kinds to life faster than ever before. Our network team provides foundational network services that powers many Unity services in a reliable, scalable and performant way.
We are looking for a talented infrastructure engineer who has not only good knowledge of networking but also broad knowledge in Linux, cloud infrastructure, container-based virtualization, and scripting. As a senior member of the team, you own and support a multi-region multi-cloud infrastructure with high capacity CDN edge components. You are highly technical and are viewed as a domain expert on many networking topics. Success in this role typically means you are a fast learner, a good communicator, and always have customer satisfaction in mind.
As SWE’s for Networking we believe strongly in the following to empower our product development environment:
- Being customer-focused
- Everything should be measurable
- Take an iterative approach
- Alerts must be actionable
- Processes must be sensible, valuable, & repeatable
- Create architecture, design, and documentation that leads to system/service that is reliable, scalable, predictable, and secure
- Perform requirement gathering, investigation, and analysis to determine appropriate solutions
- Design implementation and maintenance of existing and new network services/systems
- Create and improve methods of proper testing and safe promotion of releases from development to staging and, eventually, to production
- Perform performance analysis, network incident troubleshooting and capacity planning
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure service/system uptime
- Network knowledge such as BGP, OSPF, IPsec VPN, DNS, CDN, Load Balancing, NAT, Firewall, IPTables, HTTP/2, GRPC, QUIC, points of presence (PoPs), load balancing, SSL, and TLS
- Prior experience in developing on public cloud platforms like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure is a must
- Good knowledge on TCP/IP
- Scripting skills using Bash and Python
- Prior experience with basic SQL
- Prior experience with Docker
- Good working experience with version control systems and configuration management systems
- Familiarity with modern CI-CD pipelines and development tools
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience with Linux environments
- Expert with network debugging tools
- Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools
- Experience in supporting production environments
- Experience with, or strong interest in Kubernetes
- Experience with Go
- Contribution to open-source projects and/or an interesting Github page
- Systems / Infrastructure Automation
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Cloud Network Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!