The Senior Business Development Manager will be part of a growing team that will help drive and shape our new and fast-growing Automotive, Transportation and Manufacturing vertical businesses. Unity is already being used by nearly all of the top global automotive companies and the top global aerospace companies for everything from product design, to training workers, to creating new AR and VR marketing experiences. This role will join our globally managed account team and be responsible for leading business development and sales with a key group of our managed OEM accounts, automotive suppliers, agencies and customers across Manufacturing and Transportation.
The position requires 25% to 50% travel.
- Drive revenue and consistently meet quarterly sales targets
- Develop solid pipeline by defining opportunities and market potential, identifying sales leads, and working with internal teams to close accounts
- Deliver accurate forecasting
- Cultivate long-term business relationship with customers across use cases and industry by ensuring close coordination with Field Engineering & Enterprise Support on pre-sales and post-sales technical support
- Manage and document in CRM sales cycle from beginning to end: lead generation, needs identification, negotiating and finalizing contracts, and post sales activities
- Provide commercial / customer insights and feedback on strategy, product, pricing and other matters to internal teams
- Serve as the subject matter / industry expert on buyers, needs, existing solutions and sales process
- Extensive experience preferably with both Engineering and Business - track record of leading sales of software and solutions to Automotive OEMs or suppliers or other Manufacturing companies
- Passion and track record in real-time 3D, Mixed Reality, 3D interactivity or collaboration, or other similar technical solutions
- Strong technical, product and market knowledge of the Automotive or Manufacturing industry and how software tools and services are built and used
- Established networks within Auto OEMs & suppliers, including contacts with users and internal technology / procurement leads
- Ability to drive strategic conversations and commitments across senior leadership at customers and other industry influencers
- Clear path of leadership experience, with the ability to potentially lead a pan-European team of sales and technical experts
- Comfortable with representing a technology company and working with CTOs and engineers
- Global network
- Fluent in English and German, both written and oral
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Business Development Manager - Automotive, Transportation & Manufacturing position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!