Unity is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to spearhead initiatives on our Monetization Supply team. This team is a part of the team focused on building the next generation of Unity's monetization suite. As the leading development platform for online and mobile games, Unity is helping take developer's creations further and faster than ever before. Unity Monetization enables developers to build a business through advertising, in-app purchase and analytics. Our fast growing business requires us to set up a dedicated team to handle integration work with an ever-growing number of partners, ensure smooth integration, and system design of our integration architecture to satisfy extremely high availability and scalability targets.
- Lead feature teams of software engineers focused on delivering high impact solutions
- Write high quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Interface with internal and external teams at Unity
- Mentor and guide junior and mid-level engineers
- Experience with KAFKA
- Experience designing, implementing and testing service applications and systems
- Experience with continuous delivery & deployment, and operating distributed software systems at scale on modern cloud infrastructure platforms using Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with one or more programming languages: Golang, Java, Python, Node.js
- Experience with schema design and implementation with one or more NoSQL databases
- Experience or interest in front-end development.
- Experience in gaming is a plus, but not required
- AdTech domain experience, understanding protocols AdTech protocols, such as OpenRTB.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Backend Engineer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.