In Helsinki, you will work on Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on a scale you will not see in many other places. Essentially, you will be doing what Google does on the web (only you will be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. We use Golang, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Kubernetes and many others selected to fit for purpose. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment, as our advertising network reaches millions of game players each day. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future and meet the customer requirements. The model of continuous deployment with multiple deployments to production per day enables us to move fast with small iterations and base most of our decisions on data.
- Design, develop new services and improve our existing services
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
- Solid experience in software development
- Experience in taking initiatives and making decisions on how things are done
- Ability to communicate clearly your ideas, solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Understanding how different data storage engines and messaging systems work and what are their limitations
- Quality-driven attitude
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in English
- Experience with Golang is a huge plus, we use it as our primary language
- Experience with Node.js is a plus, we have services which still use it
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus, we run our services on GKE
- Experience with Terraform and Google Cloud Platform is a plus, we build and own our infrastructure
- Experience with a broad range of projects and solutions
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Backend Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!