At Unity, we believe that the world is better with more creators in it! One way we’re supporting this effort is by providing a suite of Game Backend Services, allowing game studios of any size to easily add Leaderboards, Cloud Save, Multiplayer and much more to their games in just a few lines of code. We want developers to spend their time and energy creating fantastic games, rather than reinventing the wheel.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Game Backend Services team. You will be working within the team that works on services including Cloud Save, Cloud Code and Leaderboards with an opportunity to influence key projects and help shape the future of the platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs, using lean and agile methodologies
- Lead development on service integrations for other Unity products and services
- Write high-quality and scalable code that supports existing and future functionality of the products
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by developing features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
What we’re looking for
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and accountability
- Desire to work in a team, learn from others, and help others to learn
- Solid understanding of Go, Python, PHP, Java, C# or similar
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure: GCP, AWS, or similar
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end test frameworks
You might also have
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges that come with building distributed, highly available, and scalable, cloud based systems
- Experience with Terraform/Ansible or similar
- Experience with NoSQL databases, e.g. BigTable
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Backend Engineer, Game Backend position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.