At Unity, you’ll make a difference In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Join the new solutions team at Unity developing innovative solutions to solve industries’ toughest problems. We are a team of battle hardened engineers, creatives, and producers taking on the world to make it a better place.
You will take on a significant role on a team to build scalable web systems for clients. Combined with your proven track record building robust high quality software and your love to make the world a better place for users.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Backend Developer with a desire to own their work, guide others, as well as an eagerness to learn and grow. You will be part of a new and growing team focused on industrial problems, solutions and software. We strive for work life balance and love to work on tough problems.
- Collaborate with small teams to architect, develop and deploy high quality cloud-based web applications
- Interface with clients on technical requirements, solutions and scope
- Investigate, architect, plan and develop medium and large features individually or with team mates. Estimate tasks and manage time effectively
- Deploy solutions to cloud hosting services such as Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Work closely with the other developers, designers, artists, producers, program managers and QA to develop and polish features
- Ensure the team adheres to and offer improvements to project standards and guidelines to enable better software development
- Create and maintain automation for Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Proficient level cloud applications development skills with a deep understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Understanding of how to write performant, scalable and memory efficient code
- Proficient in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with a variety of database technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Redis
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code, building testable code with unit and integration tests, git flow, using CI/CD
- Experience leading small teams to design, develop and deploy high quality cloud based applications
- Experience with DevOps tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Terraform, or Serverless.com
- Experience developing and working with high transaction or throughput systems
- Experience building commercial software using the Unity Editor
- Experience building foundational and reusable frameworks and platforms
- Experience with scalable solutions and the prospect of large data sets
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Backend Developer, Solutions position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.