As a Senior 3D Generalist at Unity, you will work on productions to drive forward the development of cutting edge features and workflows making it easier for creators to design new worlds and characters. Your demonstrated experience in VFX will help round out our existing team of animators and environment artists. You will help us expand the engine's capabilities by building compelling gameplay that showcase the best way to use new features and pipelines so other Unity users can easily craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team and use the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong artistic sense, a keen eye for observation, expert proficiency in a few key content creation tools, and a passion for being accurate down to the smallest detail. As a generalist, in addition to being comfortable with some technical aspects of creating games in Unity, applicants should be comfortable creating various types of art assets, which might include VFX, character and prop models, and painted textures.
- You will create stunning VFX, focused on natural environment effects, to characters and their interactions within the game world
- Utilize traditional art training and knowledge of 3D art, design and computer graphics software to build efficient, high-quality art assets
- Pushing asset quality to the state-of-the-art expectations and max limits of what is technically possible on scalable platforms
- Work closely with your team to understand the creative direction as well as ensure the successful execution of the game’s visual design
- Work closely w/ your group and technology groups at R&D to establish asset workflows and pipelines for the team and Unity asset creation
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all art aspects of the game’s production and development
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and following through on details
- Experience in the games or VFX industry with 3+ shipped titles; excellent working knowledge of the Unity Engine
- A portfolio/demo reel demonstrating past experience
- Experience with Houdini, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and ZBrush or Mudbox
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple disciplines
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games on mobile and scalable platforms
- Excellent understanding of efficient techniques for game production
- Ability to create art content that is performant for runtime and appropriate for modern game hardware
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, MEL, C# or C++
- Experience in a leadership role
- Provide actionable feedback on the tooling and workflows used to bring their artistic vision to life
- Experience creating an assortment of 3D assets. Some may include: VFX, character models, prop models, painted texturing and UV mapping, animations, UI, environment lighting, character lighting, shaders
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior 3D Generalist position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.