One of the biggest problems facing companies that work in 3D is that creating 3D content takes too long and costs too much. Meanwhile, consumer demand and expectations for quality and realism continue to increase, be it for games, movies, product visualization, and more.
The Unity Content Business Unit is seeking a Senior 3D Artist to support the creation of a world-class, scan-based asset library of raw 3D content, from materials to models, that will equip Unity’s creators to build faster and better. You will be part of our newly created Content Creation team, working with the Content Creation Lead as we capture scan data using photogrammetry techniques and process it through the production pipeline into ready-to-use 3D assets for the library.
What you'll be doing
- Acquire scan data of the highest quality using photogrammetry techniques.
- Handle large amounts of data in the field and prepare it to be ready to be ingested into the pipeline.
- Process scan data through a production pipeline to create ready-to-use 3D assets that meet the standards of the Content Library.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to continuously improve capture and processing techniques.
- Polish and vet on the work of external contractors and third party marketplaces/libraries, and document and communicate this feedback.
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated ability as a 3D, technical, environment, material or prop artist in AAA gaming, VFX, or an equivalent field.
- Experience capturing and processing assets using photogrammetry.
- Excellent 3D art skills - attention to detail and quality knowledge of standards such as PBR and texel density, familiar with public libraries such as Megascans or Textures.com, etc.
- Highly proficient in major Digital Content Creation (DCC) tools, especially Substance Designer and Painter, ZBrush and Houdini.
- Portfolio demonstrating proficiency creating photorealistic materials/props/scenes using photogrammetry.
You might also have
- Very strong Houdini skills and ability to contribute to pipeline and tooling decisions.
- Previous professional experience with photography/cinematography.
- Deep understanding of cameras, lenses, and equipment related to high-end scanning
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior 3D Artist, Photogrammetry position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.