The Revenue Accountant will be a key member of the global revenue recognition team and will report directly to the Revenue Accounting Manager. The Global Revenue Recognition team is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of revenue.
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for ensuring revenue and related accounts are posted to the GL accurately and in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Review and ensure revenue transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 606)
- Collaborate closely with the Revenue Accounting Manager to track and review contracts and orders before they are finalized and entered into the system to ensure all documentation is in compliance with company policy
- Work cross functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, AR, AP, IT, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: GAAP revenue analysis, deferred revenue analysis, journal entries, reconciliations, and close packages
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external audit process as well as assist in performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance
What we’re looking for
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Hands on experience with ASC 606
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills; with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required
You might also have
- Experience with Workday
- CPA and/or public company experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Revenue Accountant position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.