Unity Technologies is building a premier Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) team. Our mission is to create a safe working environment by mitigating human-made or naturally occurring risks that threaten occupational health or safety at Unity offices.
We are now ready to add an EHS Regional Manager for the Europe, Middle East, & Africa (EMEA) region! This position reports to the Global Manager of EHS, and will work out of one of the following offices: DNK-Copenhagen or GBR-Brighton.
Together we’ll craft, develop, and lead company EHS policies, programs, and processes for the Unity offices located within the EMEA region. You'll ensure compliance with applicable local, national, and company EHS regulations, directives, and standards. You'll also mitigate or respond to EHS risks arising from the business to protect employees, communities, and the environment for your region with a focus on prevention. Additionally, you will serve as the region’s lead EHS specialist on regulatory aspects, EHS management systems, technical standards, and EHS innovations.
What you’ll be doing
- Monitor, assess, and apply existing or emerging regional EHS regulations, policies, and industry practices to Unity EHS strategies, programs, standards, training, and operations in order to effectively apply relevant requirements and ensure compliance.
- Perform EHS audits and reviews to identify local or systemic gaps, develop corrective measures, and implement solutions to sustain compliance with EHS law and company strategies, policies, or standards.
- Provide EHS service, solutions, programs, standard methodologies, and technical mentorship to business management and support functions to effectively and efficiently manage compliance assurance and EHS risk mitigation for offices in EMEA.
- Handle EHS incident investigations to identify and implement root cause corrective actions.
- Collect, measure, and analyze regional and site EHS metrics to discover trends for continuous quality improvement or corrective measures.
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading or implementing environmental, health, and safety programs, processes, policies, operations, or related engineering functions.
- Knowledge of regionally-based EHS legal requirements (i.e.: Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives, and Administrative Policies) and management systems (i.e. OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO 45001, or similar accredited EHS management systems).
- Familiarity with EHS risk assessment methods and a proven record of implementing appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- A willingness to work irregular hours and/or to be “on-call” as-needed in support of 24/7 evolving risk events that could negatively impact our business operations.
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time, regionally—visit our offices in fantastic cities!
You might also have
- Experience in the tech sector with comfort learning new software systems.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving methodology.
- Passion for building and nurturing a fun, positive, and collaborative culture.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Regional Manager of Environmental Health & Safety position on WeChat