Unity is looking to hire Game Design Test Engineers with the overall goal to support our development teams. You will do this by using your game development knowledge and skills to explore ways to test Unity engine whilst working in collaboration with teams in our R&D department. We expect you to create scenarios and produce scenes while using different game mechanics in our production pipeline and mirror artist workflows in order to identify quality bottlenecks. You will give constant feedback to development teams regarding the functionality, usability and stability of Unity Engine. Therefore you will need to be highly motivated and proactive team player who can help to enrich the quality of work delivered by our teams in Unity Copenhagen Team.
This role will involve working 15 - 20 hours per week and the hours are flexible around your studies.
Please include your portfolio or website when applying.
- Work with a team of student workers designing and developing game projects in order to support and provide feedback on the development of new Unity technologies
- Create detailed test documentation and communicate findings with developers, release management and R&D QA
- Collaborate with colleagues from R&D Unity and always stay up to date regarding the latest features on their pipelines
- Partner with developers and test engineers to improve test and release processes
- You must currently be enrolled in a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree program such as Gaming or Computer science
- Prior experience using Unity
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- You should be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Be proactive in handling impediments in the daily work
- Understanding of the Software Testing Life Cycle
- Understanding of basic software development practices (Agile / Scrum)
- Previous experience with a game production company in a similar student worker role
- Experienced with C#
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the QA Student Worker position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.