We are looking for a Designer to join our team to help us create amazing user experiences on our platform. Your designs will be used by Unity developers all over the world – that’s more than 4.5 million engineers!
You’ll be responsible for designing and building highly usable interfaces that help developers connect with their players. You will drive innovative projects in a hard working environment with a high degree of self-motivation and direction. You possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI onto the shipped product. You have the ability to analyse data, capture feedback from others and transform that into real results. Your aesthetic is massively appealing and you are someone who actualises new insights.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the Product, Research and Engineering teams to define & understand the requirements of a given product/feature
- Design and prototype ideas quickly, and validate product decisions using feedback and data
- Participate in workshops and product feedback sessions
- Produce usable components for the cross-functional engineering teams to integrate into the product itself
- Be actively involved in defining the design vision for our products, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens
- Interact directly with customers to understand their struggles with the product / UX and be willing to modify designs to better meet their needs
- Partner with internal design, product and engineering teams cross-functionally across the globe
What we’re looking for
- Able to understand and follow a design system, and contribute to it when necessary
- Ability to communicate regularly (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, and respect
- Professional use of standard design and prototyping tools and or coding experience (Figma, Adobe)
- Portfolio of product design highlighting strong UX, interaction design and visual design
- Ability to develop high level and/or detailed personas, journey maps, wireframes, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to efficiently communicate interaction and design ideas
You might also have
Experience designing digital products and tools in the gaming industry, SaaS, or tooling
Knowledge of the underlying web technologies approaches like HTML, CSS, JS, Responsive design, React, Progressive enhancement
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the UX/UI Designer, Game Services position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.