As the Principal Engineer for Strategic Partnerships, you will be responsible for helping identify and drive partnerships and alliances with technology companies that create value for Unity and its developer ecosystem. Unity is looking for an experienced, strategic minded engineer who, as part of the R&D Platforms organization, will represent R&D in assessing strategic technology opportunities and partnerships.
You will work closely with the Unity Executives, Product, Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and other key internal & external stakeholders to assess and validate technology opportunities to create deep and lasting strategic partnerships. You should possess the ability to develop a deep understanding of Unity’s products, ecosystem, and technology stacks, as well as where there may be gaps in our offerings. You should be comfortable with prototyping and experimenting with various technologies as part of the exploration process.
The R&D Platforms team is responsible for ensuring Unity content runs across all major platforms and device types relevant to our customers. This role includes working with top tier partners such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Oculus, Apple and Google.
- Support the R&D Platforms leadership team in the discovery and execution of technical strategic partnerships
- Support the Strategic Partnerships business development team in identifying new partnership opportunities across all R&D
- Prototype & evaluate third party technologies to build a deeper understanding of potential opportunities and partnerships
- Proactively identify opportunities and gaps within our roadmaps where 3rd party solutions or collaboration with partners may be necessary to solve user needs
- Define, implement and operate the processes necessary to validate the feasibility and value of a wide array of technical partnership opportunities
- Work closely with engineers across the organization to develop scope of work, resource needs, risk assessment and validation of partnership opportunities
- Ability to evaluate and assess large, complex technology stacks.
- Game engine development experience (e.g. Consoles/PC/Mobile)
- Strong background working with low-level C++, C or Objective C code
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams at the executive level
- Ability to simplify and articulate complex technical concepts to different audiences
- Proven track record of assisting revenue generating teams to success
- Experience facilitating and supporting strategic partnerships
- Experience leading/managing engineering teams
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Principal Engineer, Strategic Partnerships position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.